Acoustic Wave Therapy for aesthetics, cellulite, erectile dysfunction, and more!
Acoustic wave therapy, also referred to by its acronym AWT, is a treatment designed to help with both cosmetic and medical needs. This particular treatment uses a combination of radial and focused acoustic waves to address a wide selection of issues. Let’s look at how acoustic wave therapy may be used to assist you!
Fields of application for acoustic wave therapy
Below are just a few of the ways our team at Resplendent Day Spa of Long Beach, California, utilizes AWT for patients:
- Cellulite. Acoustic wave therapy works to improve cellulite by stimulating and regulating metabolism and enhancing the breakdown of fat. This decreases the visible signs of cellulite, including bumps, dimpling, and texturizing of the skin on the buttocks and thigh area.
- Body shaping. Body contouring can be achieved with acoustic wave therapy, reducing the thick adipose tissue through the blood and lymphatic system. This remodels the contours of the body and eliminates excess weight.
- Skin and connective tissue tightening. When skin laxity occurs on the face, it can result in the development of fine lines and wrinkles. AWT stimulates the production of collagen and elastin fibers, firming the skin and improving skin tone and texture.
- Orthopedic purposes (musculoskeletal problems). Acoustic wave therapy for orthopedics utilizes a few different modalities to achieve the desired results. Various pains and disorders of the musculoskeletal system can be improved with AWT, including frozen shoulder, chronic back pain, tendonitis, plantar fasciitis, heel pain, osteoarthritis, and sports injuries.
- Erectile dysfunction. ED is a problem that can occur in men, causing them to be unable to achieve an erection or maintain one during sexual activities. Acoustic wave therapy works for ED by increasing the blood flow and growing new blood vessels. This wakes up the nerves for more improved sensation and stronger erections.
Schedule time to speak to Yvonne Tuchscher and her team at Resplendent Day Spa about AWT
If you are considering acoustic wave therapy for yourself, we invite you to book a consultation appointment with our experienced team of professionals to determine what can be done to help you with your unique situation. Call (562) 685-8050 to request an appointment at our practice, conveniently located at 2801 East Spring Street, Suite #120. We are open to patients in and around Long Beach, California, and surrounding cities.